WhiteOS Release Schedule is as follows:
Internal Testing: In Progress
Private Testing: 3 October 2014
Public Beta Release: 10 October 2014
WhiteOS Official Release: ~17 October 2014 (depends on bugs)
WhiteOS utilizes a custom, optimized and hardened Ubuntu environment, based on the latest version 14.04LTS. WhiteOS is a secure and portable operating system, Anyone with a PC or laptop will be able to use WhiteOS. Because the OS and Wallet data files are stored on a USB, You effectively have true cold storage, your coins will follow you wherever you go. The wallet and browsers are redirected through a TOR proxy to ensure anonymity and privacy (this runs locally as default). When you unplug your USB stick no trace is left on the host PC.
So.. what will happen on 3 October 2014, At 21:00 UTC+1 (Amsterdam) I will be on IRC in #whitecoinfoundation selecting people to participate in the private beta and help people to get started if needed.
- We will be selecting between 5 and 10 people to participate in the private beta, and maybe more in the following week if there are not many bugs being discovered.
- If people are willing to write articles in a WIKI that we have set up for WhiteOS that would be great, this will earn you a place faster in the private beta
- After a week we will begin public beta testing to ensure we have all the remaining bugs solved (if there are still any left)
- What happens after the release of WhiteOS, we have some really nice unique ideas that we are willing to implement in future versions of WhiteOS, so we continue to develop on WhiteOS as a good and secure and portable OS. Once the release of WhiteOS is successful more features will be added
Options to install:
- On USB so it’s portable (main idea and easiest)
- Under windows (Virtualbox/VMWare/Hyper-V) (easy)
- Dual-boot next to windows (advanced)
Early video preview: